- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each), chopped
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chopped candy bars and oats.
- 2. Drop by round tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased or parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
2 each: 114 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 13, 2016
I made these for a road trip. They have a crispy exterior texture and a soft chewy interior texture. I like the batch size. I did omit the cinnamon, I really didn't see how it would pair with the snickers for our taste palate. The snicker pieces also added a bonus texture. The only downside, on some of the cookies the Caramel did melt out of the cookie which did not appeal visually well but those were just my taste tester cookies.
Jan 30, 2012
I only got 2 dozen cookies out of this recipe. It was quite tasty , but would caution to leave baked cookies on sheet a few minutes before removing to cool as they break quite easily otherwise.
Sep 24, 2011
The author of this recipe is a genius! I mean what kind of crazy person doesn't like snickers?! And adding it to cookies! Heaven! Super easy to make too.
Dec 21, 2009
They taste really good, my kids loved them.
Dec 31, 1969
Wonderful cookies! I'm going to double the recipe next time.
Billie Shull, Los Alamos, NM