Championship Chocolate Chip Bars
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Press firmly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the milk, egg, vanilla, walnuts and remaining chips. Spread evenly over hot crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 188 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 30, 2015
This is the Hershey's Championship Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar recipe. Credit should be given.
Jan 13, 2012
Delicious even without the walnuts. And so easy to make! Better than cookies!~ Theresa
Jul 4, 2011
This is a simply delicious bar. Easy to make and disappears quickly.
Dec 30, 2010
Hubby loved these
Jan 27, 2010
Super easy and quick to make. They taste even better the next day.