- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Tortilla chips and salsa
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until heated through, stirring once or twice. Serve with tortilla chips and salsa. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Reviews forChampionship Bean Dip
"I only have a 6qt crockpot. Would that be too large for this recipe? Also, can this be baked in the oven? If so, for how long at how many degrees?"
"I made this for my daughter to take to a potluck one of her college classes was having, and she returned home with an empty slow-cooker and several requests for the recipe. We're making it again next week for her choir's potluck lunch. Since a number of the choir members don't eat meat, this is perfect. It's also really, really good!"
"This was very mild with mild picante sauce. I increased the cream cheese to 8 oz to feed a congregation. A serving remained. It was a nice change from baked bean or buffalo chicken dip."
"This was a very easy appetizer to make andeveryone loved it. Be prepared to have folks wanting the recipe!"
"I made this for Easter because of all the reviews. Even making it I thought there was not enough beans and a lot of creams and cheese. I wasn't satisfied or my family. I was left with a lot leftover. It is more of a creamy cheese dip. I am not sure how it is called a bean dip. Or how I am so differed with the reviews."
"Loved this dip! As did the family."
"Has a good taste. Unfortunately I didn't a small slow cooker, so it wasn't as smooth as it should have been."
"A easy and tasty cheese dip with beans as an added plus. You can totally spice it up, if that's your thing."
"Delicious! Made this at a family gathering and it was a hit! A recipe remembered and drooled over! I even accidently forgot the spices and it was still delicious!"