Chai Snickerdoodle Spritz
As much as I love snickerdoodles, I needed something smaller and a bit more special for my cookie swap. I gave them a simple makeover by using a cookie press and adding warm chai spices.—Elisabeth Matelski, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, baking powder and remaining spices; gradually beat into creamed mixture. In a small bowl, combine remaining cinnamon and sugar.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 10-in. roll. Transfer dough to a resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, thaw dough in refrigerator overnight or until soft enough to press. Cut each roll in half; slide one half of roll into cookie press. Prepare and bake cookies as directed. Repeat with remaining dough.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.