Chai Rice Pudding
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 8 cups 1% milk
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the spices. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 189 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 25, 2019
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this delicious rice pudding! I did cut the recipe in half for the two of us, but we ate it up so quickly that the next time I make it, I'll make the whole batch!
Nov 28, 2013
This is a great rice pudding. My daughter found it a few years ago, and I have been making it ever since.
Nov 19, 2009
Wonderful, easy to make, tastes even better the second day.