Chai Rice Pudding
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 8 cups 1% milk
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the spices. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 189 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Nov 28, 2013
This is a great rice pudding. My daughter found it a few years ago, and I have been making it ever since.
Nov 19, 2009
Wonderful, easy to make, tastes even better the second day.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.