- 2 cups Multi-Bran Chex
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 cup salted mixed nuts
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat margarine
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 to 3 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, pretzels and nuts; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the margarine, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter flavoring and salt. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine vanilla and baking soda. Remove brown sugar syrup from the heat; stir in vanilla mixture (syrup will foam). Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes; stir. Microwave 3 minute longer; stir. Microwave at 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Cool for 3 minutes, stirring well several times. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Yield: 8-1/2 cups.
Reviews forCereal Crunchies
"My family loves this recipe. I make sure to stir after every 2 minutes while cooking in the microwave. No burnt taste! It works for me!"
"It tastes burnt. I do not like this recipe."
"Looks so good, but with 446mg soduim and 23g carbs in 1/2 cup isn't in my diet."