Cereal Cookie Bars
These chewy crowd-pleasers from Connie Craig of Lakewood, Washington feature all sorts of goodies, including chocolate chips, raisins, coconut and candy-coated baking bits. For a more colorful look, press the baking bits on top of the bars instead of stirring them into the cereal mixture.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 9 cups Rice Krispies
- 6-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 packages (one 16 ounces, one 10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&M's minis
- Grease two 15x10x1-in. pans. Place Rice Krispies, oats, cornflakes and coconut in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows; stir until completely melted. Stir in honey until blended. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated. Cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Divide mixture between prepared pans, pressing evenly with a greased spatula. Let stand 30 minutes before cutting. Store between layers of waxed paper in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 128 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cereal Cookie Bars in Quick Cooking May/June 2003
Oct 25, 2013
These cereal bars are super good!There are some great high value cereal coupons here:http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/10/general-mills-cereal-for-as-low-as-1-05-a-box-staring-10-27-at-walgreens.html