"The recipe for this sweet and salty snack is so simple, children of almost any age can help in some way, it not prepare it themselves," assures Peggy Jo Thompson of Lebanon, Tennessee. "There is not much mess to clean up afterward, so kids can enjoy the munchable treat soon after it's prepared."
Recommended: 26 of Our Easiest Desserts Ever
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1-1/2 cups Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch
- 1-1/2 cups salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour coating over cereal mixture; stir to coat.
- Spread onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until firm. Break into pieces. Store in the airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Cereal Clusters in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p40