Celery Root and Pear Slaw
Crunchy celery root is an underappreciated yet completely delicious veggie. It lends sweetness to this tangy slaw that I like to serve with pork roast or baked ham. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep: 40 min.
- 1 medium celery root, peeled and julienned
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 3 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the next nine ingredients; pour over slaw, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 128 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Pear and Celery Root Slaw in Taste of Home December/January 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.