Celery Potato Chowder
"I discovered this thick no-fuss soup more than 20 years ago," says Deborah Johnson of Calgary, Alberta. "Our family loves it and now our daughters prepare it themselves. It's a delicious way to finish off last night's potatoes."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, celery and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the corn, soups, milk and potatoes. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Garnish with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 309 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 1156mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Celery Potato Chowder in Quick Cooking May/June 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.