- 4-1/2 cups diagonally sliced celery
- 1 can (5 ounces) drained water chestnuts, sliced
- 1/4 cup diced pimiento
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoon sesame seed
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Cook celery in water for 5 minutes or until tender/crisp. Drain; add water chestnuts, pimiento, almonds and soup. Pour into 1-1/2-qt. buttered baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCelery En Casserole
"I have never left a gathering without being asked for this recipe. Everyone is always so surprised at how yummy this dish is! There is never any leftovers."