No matter what size your celebration is, this salad will fit right in. Subscriber Barbara Berger of Breckenridge, Colorado attests that it's been a standby for her family gatherings, as well as church functions, for more than 30 years.—Barbara Berger, Breckenridge, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 16 cups torn salad greens
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 block (12 ounces) cheddar or Swiss cheese, julienned
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the greens, peas, onion, celery, cheese and bacon. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Celebration Salad in Crafting Traditions May/June 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.