Celebration Cranberry Cake Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- BUTTER CREAM SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in milk. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in cranberries.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in the sugar and cream; bring to a boil, stirring often. Boil for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm with cake. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 534 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Celebration Cranberry Cake
"I tried this due to the great reviews. Mine came out tasteless and I will not make again.I did not make the butter sauce. I just put some confectionary sugar on top."
"Oh my goodness! Delicious! To make this dessert even easier, I just threw the cranberries in whole! Everyone loved it. From adults to kids...They can not get enough of it!"
"I brought this to a cranberry-themed party and everyone raved about how good it was. It was absolutely superb. Thank you for this recipe!!"
"This was an excellent cake. For a variation I would suggest added some orange flavoring and perhaps some rum flavor to the sauce."