Celebration Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2 large apples (Fuji or Braeburn), chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts or pecans, toasted
- Combine Brussels sprouts, apples, cranberries and 1/4 cup bacon. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, syrup, oil, salt and pepper; pour over Brussels sprouts mixture, tossing to coat. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low, stirring once, until sprouts reach desired tenderness, 2-4 hours. To serve, sprinkle with hazelnuts and remaining bacon.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 204 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 19, 2019
I described this to my sister as "Adult Wienies and Kraut". It's an odd mix of ingredients but it's very tasty! I did sub in canadian bacon instead of bacon, I wasn't sure if regular bacon would make it greasy.