Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- In a bowl, combine the vegetables and olives if desired. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and seasonings. Pour over vegetables and toss. Chill for 3 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 72 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 17, 2012
Wow, this is fabulous, full of flavor, and would make an excellent dish to take to a potluck. I added the entire (small) head of cauliflower, and broccoli (about 3 1/2 cups each) and about 3/4 cup of celery to increase the amount of vegetable to the amount of oil, thus making each serving just a little lower in fat and calories.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.