These toasted nuts are crunchy and mildly seasoned. The cayenne pepper adds a little zing. —Phyllis Stanley, Avery, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups pecan halves (about 15 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave, melt butter; stir in Worcestershire sauce, salt and cayenne. Toss pecans with butter mixture; spread evenly in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. pan.
- Bake until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Store cooled nuts in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 266 calories, 28g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Deviled Pecans in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018