- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a saucepan containing 1 in. of water, steam whole cauliflower until tender, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms, almonds and onions in butter until mushrooms are tender. Dissolve bouillon in 3/4 cup water; add to skillet. Dissolve cornstarch in remaining water; add to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Place cauliflower in a large bowl; pour sauce over it and serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCauliflower with Mushroom-Almond Sauce
"Wow! What a great way to serve cauliflower. This sauce is so simple and delicious. The sauce would be good on so many other things as well."