Cauliflower Tomato Medley
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), broken into florets
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and cauliflower in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. Toss bacon and bread crumbs with drippings; set aside.
- 3. Drain cauliflower. Arrange the tomatoes in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with onion, dill, salt and pepper. Top with cauliflower and bacon mixture.
- 4. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
3/4 cup: 260 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 10g protein.
Sep 30, 2012
I thought this way okay but not great. Not much flavor.
Oct 24, 2009
I made this recipe for company and they sure like it. I will make again