- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups whole milk, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped chives, optional
- In a large skillet, cook pork until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook cauliflower in water until tender, 10 minutes. Do not drain. Add pork, onion and 1-1/4 cups milk to cauliflower.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; stir into cauliflower mixture. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; add cheese, salt and pepper, stirring until cheese melts. If desired, sprinkle with chives.
1 cup: 283 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.