Cauliflower Pork Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6-8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups whole milk, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped chives, optional
- In a large skillet, cook pork until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook cauliflower in water for 10 minutes or until tender. Do not drain. Add pork, onion and 1-1/4 cups milk to cauliflower.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; stir into cauliflower mixture. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; add cheese, salt and pepper, stirring until cheese melts. Garnish with chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 283 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Sep 15, 2014
I made this because I had cauliflower to get rid of and needed prepare a quick meal for us. Gave this four stars because it's a great base recipe. I made it as is, but it was a little bland for us, so I added a few things to fix it up. Added was some cajun seasoning, a dash of thyme, crushed fresh garlic and also 1/4 cup grated romano cheese (in addition to the cheddar) and some lemon juice to brighten the flavor. I also tossed in a package of baby kale which I needed to use up but was not necessary to improve the soup. As I said, a great base recipe and I'll be using it again and again, maybe trying new things next time. Thanks!
Oct 25, 2013
Used frozen cauliflower and it turned out well. Tasty and comforting food.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.