- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups whole milk, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped chives, optional
- In a large skillet, cook pork until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook cauliflower in water for 10 minutes or until tender. Do not drain. Add pork, onion and 1-1/4 cups milk to cauliflower.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; stir into cauliflower mixture. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; add cheese, salt and pepper, stirring until cheese melts. Garnish with chives if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forCauliflower Pork Soup
"I made this because I had cauliflower to get rid of and needed prepare a quick meal for us. Gave this four stars because it's a great base recipe. I made it as is, but it was a little bland for us, so I added a few things to fix it up. Added was some cajun seasoning, a dash of thyme, crushed fresh garlic and also 1/4 cup grated romano cheese (in addition to the cheddar) and some lemon juice to brighten the flavor. I also tossed in a package of baby kale which I needed to use up but was not necessary to improve the soup. As I said, a great base recipe and I'll be using it again and again, maybe trying new things next time. Thanks!"
"Used frozen cauliflower and it turned out well. Tasty and comforting food."