Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-12 minutes or until very tender. Drain; cool slightly. Place in a blender; add the milk, butter, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- Drain potatoes and mash. Add cauliflower mixture and mix well. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 143 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Oct 30, 2013
I made half of the recipe and reduced the cauliflower a little and my husband liked them and didn't notice the added cauliflower. The potatoes were creamy and tasted good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.