Cauliflower Cheddar Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1-1/2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- In a large saucepan, place 1 in. of salted water; add the cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Stir in the cheese, sour cream, onion, 2 tablespoons butter and salt. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine the bread crumbs and remaining butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 159 calories, 11g fat (8g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 19, 2015
My family always tops cauliflower with crushed Ritz cracker browned in butter. Delicious!
Jan 30, 2010
I agree that cooked cauliflower is not the most appealing vegetable, but I really like this recipe. So do my kids and even some of my grandkids.
Sep 4, 2009
Subbed broccoli for the cauliflower. Used shredded Velveeta in place of cheddar. Very creamy and tasty. Next time I might make a main dish using these ingredients and adding diced chicken - maybe increasing the sour cream/cheese.