- 1 large head cauliflower (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- Break cauliflower into sections. Cook for 10 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain water. Combine cauliflower with 2 tablespoons butter and onion, cheese, sour cream and salt. Spoon into a 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the cauliflower mixture. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forCauliflower Cheddar Bake
"My family always tops cauliflower with crushed Ritz cracker browned in butter. Delicious!"
"I agree that cooked cauliflower is not the most appealing vegetable, but I really like this recipe. So do my kids and even some of my grandkids."
"Subbed broccoli for the cauliflower. Used shredded Velveeta in place of cheddar. Very creamy and tasty. Next time I might make a main dish using these ingredients and adding diced chicken - maybe increasing the sour cream/cheese."