VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium head cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- Lemon wedges, tortilla chip scoops and hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add cauliflower; cook, uncovered, just until crisp-tender, 5-8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain and pat dry. Meanwhile, stir together ketchup and orange juice.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower with tomatoes and onion. Add ketchup mixture, cilantro, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Stir in avocado cubes. If desired, serve with lemon wedges, tortilla chip scoops and hot pepper sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cauliflower Ceviche in Taste of Home November 2017