- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place cauliflower and a small amount of water in a saucepan; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Combine cauliflower, sour cream, cheddar cheese, cornflakes, peppers and salt; transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCauliflower Casserole
"This recipe was very tasty. I did substitute the cornflakes with pork skins for low carb. Will definitely make again. I also added a little more cheese."
"I love this recipe! Great way to try something new with a vegetable that doesn't always get the respect it deserves! The only substitution I made was to use fresh soft breadcrumbs instead of the cornflakes. This casserole is cheesy and delicious and easy to put together. My new way to eat cauliflower! Will definitely make again!Volunteer Field Editor"
"Very Good. Left out the peppers because I didn't have them but will use them when I do.I liked the fact that you can prepare ahead and refrigerate till needed."
"used less pepper"
"I usually just make a cheesy white sauce to pour over steamed cauliflower, but I think this will be my new go-to recipe. I didn't add the peppers because my kids won't eat them, but it was still an incredibly tasty dish without them. I will definitely make again."
"Excellent! Was never a Cauliflower fan until we tried this recipe. Did not have Cornflakes, so used Italian breadcrumbs...mo problem. It's a keeper!"
"This was a real nice side dish. I had no cornflakes so I used panko breadcrumbs. I also added a little bit of garlic.I like the fact that its not loaded with a heavy sauce. I am going to try combining Cauliflower and Broccoli * I made it up ahead of time and simply reheated in the oven. Covered then uncovered for a few minutes during the final warm up time.Janie"
"I also used bread crumbs in place of cornflakes and half of the sour cream was replaced with Ranch dressing. My entire family loved this and the color combination is beautiful."
"Great recipe - even my teenager loved it! I used fresh bread crumbs instead of cornflakes (didn't have cornflakes) and it was perfect. I'll definitely make this one again!"