- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, sour cream, cheddar cheese, cornflakes, peppers and salt; transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCauliflower Casserole
"Very good. I didn't add the peppers. I did not have cornflakes, so I followed the suggestion from another viewer and substituted bread crumbs. Great way to make cauliflower. Thanks for sharing this recipe."
"I thought this was very bland and didn't mix well."
"I didnt have the same success with this recipe that others have reported. Only thing i didn't have were the cornflakes, otherwise followed the recipe as written. For my tatse it was bland. The mixed ingredients seemed to settle in the bottom as a pool of liquid. Maybe didn't drain the cauliflower long enough, or too much water to cook initially? Overall, not impressed enough to tweak it and dry again."
"This recipe was very tasty. I did substitute the cornflakes with pork skins for low carb. Will definitely make again. I also added a little more cheese."
"I love this recipe! Great way to try something new with a vegetable that doesn't always get the respect it deserves! The only substitution I made was to use fresh soft breadcrumbs instead of the cornflakes. This casserole is cheesy and delicious and easy to put together. My new way to eat cauliflower! Will definitely make again!Volunteer Field Editor"
"Very Good. Left out the peppers because I didn't have them but will use them when I do.I liked the fact that you can prepare ahead and refrigerate till needed."
"used less pepper"
"I usually just make a cheesy white sauce to pour over steamed cauliflower, but I think this will be my new go-to recipe. I didn't add the peppers because my kids won't eat them, but it was still an incredibly tasty dish without them. I will definitely make again."
"Excellent! Was never a Cauliflower fan until we tried this recipe. Did not have Cornflakes, so used Italian breadcrumbs...mo problem. It's a keeper!"
"This was a real nice side dish. I had no cornflakes so I used panko breadcrumbs. I also added a little bit of garlic.I like the fact that its not loaded with a heavy sauce. I am going to try combining Cauliflower and Broccoli * I made it up ahead of time and simply reheated in the oven. Covered then uncovered for a few minutes during the final warm up time.Janie"