One of the first dishes my mom taught me is a tasty pairing of broccoli and cauliflower in a cheese sauce. It's absolutely my best side. —Devin Mulertt, Napa, California
Recommended: 20 Ways to Cook with Cauliflower
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in cheese and salt until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in eggs. Stir in vegetable blend. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, until set, 50-60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cauliflower-Broccoli Cheese Bake in Taste of Home February/March 2018