- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in cheese and salt until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in eggs. Stir in vegetable blend. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, until set, 50-60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forCauliflower-Broccoli Cheese Bake
"A winner! I turned it into more of a main dish by putting a layer of sliced mushrooms on the bottom and strips of pre-cooked bacon on the top. I also substituted shredded cheddar for the cheese and cream for the milk. It was a nice, rich dish that was easy to make and re-heated well, too!"
"I made this dish 2/16/18. The only 2 changes were: I used 1 cup milk and 1 lb. cauliflower-broccoli blend thawed in my microwave. This dish is delicious and a real recipe keeper!"