Cauliflower Beef Quiche Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (10 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cauliflowerets, cooked and drained
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Dash each paprika and pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. On a floured surface, roll out pastry to fit a 10-in. pie plate. Line pie plate with pastry; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 375° for 5-8 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove foil. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over crust. In a skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Spoon half of the meat mixture into the crust; top with cauliflower and the remaining meat mixture and cheddar cheese. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, butter, paprika and pepper. Pour over the filling. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Cover edges with foil. Bake 30-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 383 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Cauliflower Beef Quiche
"I decreased to about 50-75% all the ingredients for my 9" pie pan and it still overflowed about a 1/2 cup of egg mixture onto the cookie pan I thankfully put underneath it. Took 60 minutes, not 30-40, to bake. Bland and almost tasteless; needed salt and flavorings like sage. Definately will not be making this again; only benefit is that the cauliflower tasted good with cheese."