Cauliflower and Wild Rice Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6-8 servings (about 2 quarts)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, cooked
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and mushrooms in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir to coat well. Gradually add chicken broth. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in wild rice, cauliflower and cream until well blended. Cook gently until heated through; do not boil.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 236 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 30, 2017
I loved this soup. Great veggie soup for Meatless Mondays at our house. I did make a few changes just because...just because I don't saute in butter...I use olive oil. Secondly I substituted a cup of carrots in place of the mushrooms. I was fine without adding the cream but you sure could. Even using the cream and the butter it's only 236 calories but if you like it like I did, it cuts even more.