- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, cooked
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and mushrooms in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir to coat well. Gradually add chicken broth. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in wild rice, cauliflower and cream until well blended. Cook gently until heated through; do not boil. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews forCauliflower and Wild Rice Soup
"I loved this soup. Great veggie soup for Meatless Mondays at our house. I did make a few changes just because...just because I don't saute in butter...I use olive oil. Secondly I substituted a cup of carrots in place of the mushrooms. I was fine without adding the cream but you sure could. Even using the cream and the butter it's only 236 calories but if you like it like I did, it cuts even more."