Cauldron Cheese Ball
Red and yellow pepper strips make the perfect “fire” for this easily constructed cauldron. Be sure to take a picture before the whole thing gets gobbled up!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped, divided
- 1 slice process American cheese
- 3/4 cup crushed blue tortilla chips
- Sweet red and yellow pepper strips, carrot sticks, pretzel rods and additional tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, taco seasoning and 2/3 cup onions. Shape into a cauldron; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, cut face shapes out of American cheese as desired; press onto cauldron. Press crushed chips onto cauldron to coat. Place remaining onions on top.
- Garnish with pepper strips, carrot sticks and pretzels. Serve with additional tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 112 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Mexican Cauldron Cheese Ball in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.