Cattleman's Spread Recipe
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) dried beef, chopped
- 4 teaspoons diced onion
- Crackers and breadsticks
- 1. In a skillet, saute pecans in butter until golden; set aside. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream and garlic powder; mix well. Stir in beef and onion. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with the pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers and breadsticks. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons: 86 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Cattleman's Spread
"Very good, even better the next day!"
"this is so good. made it many times, always gone before I can take any home."