Catfish with Shrimp Salsa Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Cajun or blackened seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun or blackened seasoning
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning, cumin and coriander; rub over catfish fillets. In a large skillet, fry fillets in oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, celery, jalapeno and garlic in butter until vegetables are tender. Add the corn, tomatoes and shrimp; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until corn is tender. Stir in Cajun seasoning and hot pepper sauce. Serve with catfish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 264 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 1233mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Catfish with Shrimp Salsa
"I love this recipe! It's delicious and easy to make; great for summer. I've made it several times (as is) and it's one of my favorites."