- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup strawberry spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon seafood cocktail sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sprinkle catfish with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the spreadable fruit, vinegar, seafood sauce, soy sauce, horseradish and garlic. Cook over low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and cornmeal. Add catfish, one fillet at a time, and shake to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Serve with strawberry sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCatfish with Savory Strawberry Sauce
"i have to say i was totally suprised with this recipe! it was awesome!! my family was suprised too, where used to fried catfish or lemon peppered on the grill! but this was delicious! Deb Pennington VFE Decatur Al."
"Delicious and simple. I altered the ratio quite a bit in the sauce to make it a little more on the sweet side."