Catfish with Parsley Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 catfish fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1. In a food processor or blender, process parsley until coarsely chopped. Add remaining sauce ingredients; process until smooth. Refrigerate. Combine the flour, cayenne pepper and salt in a bowl. Dredge each fillet; shake off excess. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoons each of oil and butter. Fry fillets for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fillets; add remaining oil and butter if necessary. Divide the sauce and spread evenly on the cooked side of each fillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 491 calories, 41g fat (11g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 742mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Catfish with Parsley Sauce
"Wonderful, wonderful recipe. My husband loves fish dishes. I'm always trying new things to make his meals better. He loves this dish."