- 2 cups tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 catfish fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a food processor or blender, process parsley until coarsely chopped. Add remaining sauce ingredients; process until smooth. Refrigerate. Combine the flour, cayenne pepper and salt in a bowl. Dredge each fillet; shake off excess. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoons each of oil and butter. Fry fillets for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fillets; add remaining oil and butter if necessary. Divide the sauce and spread evenly on the cooked side of each fillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCatfish with Parsley Sauce
"Wonderful, wonderful recipe. My husband loves fish dishes. I'm always trying new things to make his meals better. He loves this dish."