Catfish with Brown Butter-Pecan Sauce
My husband is from the Midwest and grew up eating fried catfish. This dish is one of his favorites, and yet the rich, toasty pecans and tangy citrus are a perfect complement to any fish. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Lemon wedges
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, cayenne and pepper. Add catfish, one fillet at a time, and turn to coat. In a large skillet, cook fillets in 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Add pecans and cook over medium heat until toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in lemon zest and juice. Serve with fish and lemon wedges.