- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon each pepper, dried oregano and basil
- 6 fresh or frozen catfish fillets (3 to 5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Optional: Tartar sauce and lemon wedges
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and seasonings. Dip catfish in butter, then in crumb mixture. Arrange in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 20-25 minutes. If desired, serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
1 fillet: 219 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 13, 2013
my husband loved the flavor but didn't like the lack of crunch so next time I am putting them on the stovetop in a nonstick pan and hoping for the best. I thought the butter & parmesan would crunch up but it didn't in my oven. any ideas?
Oct 12, 2012
My husband and daughter liked it and would eat it again
Mar 26, 2009
my husband and I love catfish, this is a great recipe.