Catfish in Ginger Sauce
"Whenever I want to serve fish in a flash, I turn to this recipe," reports Mary Dixson, Decatur, Alabama. "The fillets always turn out moist, tender and tasty. For even more flavor, spoon extra sauce over the fish before serving."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl, combine the onions, oil and ginger. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until onions are tender.
- In small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the broth, soy sauce, vinegar and cayenne. Stir into onion mixture. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring after each minute, until sauce comes to a boil.
- Place catfish in a microwave-safe 3-qt. dish; pour sauce over the fish. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 274 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Catfish in Ginger Sauce in Quick Cooking Premiere 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.