"Whenever I want to serve fish in a flash, I turn to this recipe," reports Mary Dixson, Decatur, Alabama. "The fillets always turn out moist, tender and tasty. For even more flavor, spoon extra sauce over the fish before serving."
Recommended: 28 Red Lobster Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl, combine the onions, oil and ginger. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until onions are tender.
- In small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the broth, soy sauce, vinegar and cayenne. Stir into onion mixture. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring after each minute, until sauce comes to a boil.
- Place catfish in a microwave-safe 3-qt. dish; pour sauce over the fish. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Catfish in Ginger Sauce in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p47