Catfish Coating Mix
These cakes are crispy on the outside and moist and flavorful on the inside—a real treat! I like to serve them with hush puppies and coleslaw. I developed the recipe to put to good use all the catfish we catch at our lake cabin.—Jan Campbell, Purvis, Mississippi
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1-3/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup cornflakes
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR CATFISH:
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1-1/2 pounds catfish fillets, cut into 4-inch strips
- In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until blended. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 months. Yield: about 3 cups.
- To prepare catfish: In a shallow dish, place milk. In another shallow dish, place 1 cup coating mixture. Dip fish in milk, then coat with bread crumb mixture. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, carefully turning once.
Originally published as Parmesan Fish Sticks in Taste of Home Hunting & Fishing Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.