Catch Some Z’s
Moms won't lose sleep preparing this savory finger food for a get-together. That's because the CT kitchen staff kept the goodies simple—by cutting "Z" shapes from refrigerated crescent rolls and seasoning them before baking. If you like, provide a bowl of warmed pizza sauce on the side...then watch kids start dipping!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pizza sauce, warmed, optional
- Unroll crescent roll dough; press seams and perforations to seal. Cut dough with a 2-in. "Z" cookie cutter; place on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with butter. Combine Parmesan cheese and garlic salt; sprinkle over dough. Bake at 375° for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with pizza sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 86 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Catch Some Z's in Crafting Traditions January/February 2000