Catch Some Z’s
Moms won't lose sleep preparing this savory finger food for a get-together. That's because the CT kitchen staff kept the goodies simple—by cutting "Z" shapes from refrigerated crescent rolls and seasoning them before baking. If you like, provide a bowl of warmed pizza sauce on the side...then watch kids start dipping!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pizza sauce, warmed, optional
- Unroll crescent roll dough; press seams and perforations to seal. Cut dough with a 2-in. "Z" cookie cutter; place on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with butter. Combine Parmesan cheese and garlic salt; sprinkle over dough. Bake at 375° for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with pizza sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 86 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Catch Some Z's in Crafting Traditions January/February 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.