- 4 ounces uncooked small shell pasta
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, milk and cheese until blended. Stir in peas, salmon and onion.
- Drain pasta; add to salmon mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCatch-Of-The-Day Casserole
"Nice simple recipe. Had to use Potato and Leek soup in place of celery, but it worked out well."
"Great stand-by recipe, as I usually have all of the ingredients on hand. I've made this many times to rave reviews! If I have dill, especially fresh dill, I add it along with some ground pepper. Worth trying and so simple!"
"This is a great recipe. I have also sometimes substituted the salmon for other canned seafood (crabmeat, tuna, shrimp, etc.) or ham or even chicken. I've also substituted half carrot and peas in place of the straight peas. Whether I follow the original recipe (which is our favourite) or change it up a little with what we have on hand, it works every time. A real keeper."
"This was yummy - but I made a few changes. I used lower fat, lower sodium cream of celery soup and 1/2 can cheddar cheese soup. I wanted to use salmon, my favorite, but my husband requested sweet chicken sausage - and it turned out great. I had 3 links of sausage and also used a bit of kielbasa. I used a whole pkg of the omege 3 pasta (about 14 oz) and this made enough to freeze a batch for another night."
"This was good, but we made it with browned ground turkey instead of the salmon (not all the family likes salmon). Also substituted peas and carrots for plain peas. Also put in 1.5 cups macaroni instead of 1 cup shells and there was still plenty of saucey-goodness.I found that the mayo did a great job greasing the pan while it cooked; no need to grease the pan and add extra fat."
"This was good but not great. I think Velveeta Cheese would have made it better! I will try making it one more time with the other cheese."
"This recipe is so good!!! I make a tuna casserole that I thought is was great until I tried this one. The flavor is so yummy. I loved it and for sure will be making it again.Thanks Cathy for this lovely meal.Sandy, Winnipeg, MB"