Catalina Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) spinach, torn
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 12 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Combine the first seven ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Combine remaining ingredients in a large salad bowl; add dressing and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 316 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 501mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Catalina Spinach Salad
"This is one of my favorite salads! Such a wonderful combination of ingredients!"
"We really enjoyed the crunchy texture of this salad. I chop the waterchestnuts and I use bacon pieces after I have trimmed all of the fat and chopped it before cooking. Great dressing."