Catalina Rice Salad
Crisp peppers, chunks of ham and kidney beans make this one of the heartiest rice salads you'll ever sample. Sharon McClatchey from Muskogee, Oklahoma tops off the colorful combination with a bottle of Catalina dressing that she adds zip to with cayenne pepper.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup each chopped sweet red, green and yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, combine the rice, beans, ham, peppers and onion. Combine the salad dressing and cayenne; pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.