Cast Iron Egg Bake
Packed with protein, this delicious egg bake is quick and simple! Recipe provided by Eggland's Best®.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 4 Eggland's Best® eggs (large)
- 1 (8 to 12 ounces) greek style yogurt
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (or 2 teaspoons, dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Heat olive oil in medium cast iron skillet.
- Saute sliced onions until lightly browned, set aside.
- Beat eggs and yogurt together; pour into skillet.
- Top with onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, herbs and pepper.
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until set.
- Uncover and simmer another 5 to 10 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 229 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 364 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Originally published as Cast Iron Egg Bake in Eggland's Best Partner Recipes 2015-2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.