Casserole in the Cooker Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1. In a slow cooker, combine the broccoli and ham. Combine the soup, cheese sauce, milk, rice, celery and onion; stir into the broccoli mixture. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 555 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 2871mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Casserole in the Cooker
"Tjbrooks79 you can use cheddar instead, you'll need to compensate for the liquid in the cheese sauce though. Add a bit more milk, 1/4-1/2 cup to keep it from drying out."
"I have IBS and can't use the cheese sauce. Would finely shredded cheddar cheese work instead?"