- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peas, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased roasting pan. Stir in the noodles, corn, peas and mushrooms.
- In a large saucepan, combine 2-1/2 cups cheese with the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Pour over noodle mixture and mix well. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forCasserole for a Crowd
"It was fine, but probably wouldn't make it again."
"YUM! Left out egg noodles and peas. Added a little velveeta. Put tater tots on top. Baked at 450 for 30 minutes. Everyone loved it."
"Took it to a dinner meeting, everyone really enjoyed it. I will be making it a lot more often."
"Very easy and delicious."
"Made it exact to recipe except I used frozen peas and corn, got great reviews. Will definitely make again, good comfort food recipe!"
"I forgot to mention that since I don't have a roasting pan, I used two 2-qt. casserole dishes. They were full, but not too full, and I froze one for later. Convenient!"
"Simple and tasty, but next time I'll use frozen vegetables rather than canned - just my personal preference."
"Feeds lots of people. Didnt change the recipe at all and everyone liked it. Will use again!!"