- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peas, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased roasting pan. Add the noodles, corn, peas and mushrooms; mix well.
- In a large saucepan, combine 2-1/2 cups cheese with the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Pour over noodle mixture and mix well. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forCasserole for a Crowd
"It was fine, but probably wouldn't make it again."
"YUM! Left out egg noodles and peas. Added a little velveeta. Put tater tots on top. Baked at 450 for 30 minutes. Everyone loved it."
"Took it to a dinner meeting, everyone really enjoyed it. I will be making it a lot more often."
"Very easy and delicious."
"Made it exact to recipe except I used frozen peas and corn, got great reviews. Will definitely make again, good comfort food recipe!"
"I forgot to mention that since I don't have a roasting pan, I used two 2-qt. casserole dishes. They were full, but not too full, and I froze one for later. Convenient!"
"Simple and tasty, but next time I'll use frozen vegetables rather than canned - just my personal preference."
"Feeds lots of people. Didnt change the recipe at all and everyone liked it. Will use again!!"