Casserole Carrot Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups grated or finely chopped carrots (about 4 medium)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Gradually beat in oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in the carrots, pineapple and pecans. Transfer to a greased 8-in. round microwave-safe casserole dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 9-11 minutes, or until a moist area about 1-1/2 in. in diameter remains in the center (when touched, cake will cling to your finger while area underneath will be almost dry).
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Invert onto a serving plate. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 645 calories, 33g fat (5g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 492mg sodium, 86g carbohydrate (68g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 9, 2009
Sounds good and I was wondering the same thing. How about just taking your favorite basic cake recipe for a tube or bundt pan, use the amts. of flour, sugar, eggs, baking powder & soda and then add the other ingredients called for. Just doubling the recipe for those pans might work also. Just a thought. Avery
May 2, 2008
The cake sounds excellent. Is the cake gooey in the center? Also do you think you could make this in the oven.Joansu Texas