- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted cashews
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- In a small bowl, combine the turkey, celery, apricots, cashews and onion. Combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, salt and pepper; add to turkey mixture and stir to coat.
- Place a lettuce leaf on half of the bread slices; top each with 1/2 cup turkey salad and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCashew Turkey Salad Sandwiches
"I loved this on pumpernickle bread and have also served on croissants, Delicious!"
"What a delicious sandwich filling. The only change I made was to serve it on homemade hamburger buns as we don't care for rye bread. I also waited until just before serving to stir in the cashews. I served this at a bridal shower luncheon and it was a big hit and my family enjoyed the leftovers! I'll be watching for turkey breasts to go on sale so I can make this often. For this occasion, I cooked my turkey breast overnight in the crockpot and that worked very well. Excellent recipe!"
"This recipe was republished in the December/January, 2015, issue of Simple & Delicious, where I saw it, and with an abundance of turkey left over from Thanksgiving, I just had to give it a whirl.. I'm glad I did. I have made lots of turkey salad in my many years, but the addition of apricots and cashews brought a whole new dimension to this recipe, and served on pumpernickel bread instead of as a salad on a plate, made it extra special. This Field Editor will make this recipe again."
"very nice sandwich"
"I slightly changed this recipe. Omitted the apricots bread and lettuce. Added mandarin oranges and dried cranberries. VERY GOOD!!!"