Cashew Tassie Cups
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth; stir in flour. Shape into 1-in. balls. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups. Spoon cashews into shells; set aside.
- In another small bowl, beat the brown sugar, egg and vanilla until combined; spoon over nuts. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is set and pastry is golden brown. Cool for 10 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 215 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 21, 2013
great recipe, dough was easy to work with, makes exactly 24 cups, perfect, I have used walnuts and pecans also in place of the cashews, dough was tender and the filling was moist. don't over bake, 20 minutes was good for my oven. 10 minutes rest in pan, then they just pop out when i tipped the pan upside down.